Los Angeles Based.
Assistant to company owners at Joke Productions, Inc. (Joke and Biagio.)
One year commitment.
Possibility for promotion into other departments.
Position is the ultimate producing bootcamp. Great jumping off point for a career in development, production, or post production.
Ideal candidate should possess:
- legitimate interest in working in unscripted entertainment (reality TV, documentary series, doc specials and documentary features)
- potential to grow into a “jack of all filmmaking trades.”
- a passion for great storytelling and an eagerness to develop storytelling skills
- ability to learn new skills quickly
- desire to make every hour productive
- pleasant personality
- can-do attitude
Mostly office based, some field work.
Duties include general office tasks, coordinating development of projects as well as limited production and post production assignments.
A wide variety of responsibilities keeps the position both interesting and demanding. Day-to-day the job covers the gamut from answering phones, making coffee runs and maintaining gear to setting up and shooting simple interviews, logging footage, and tracking/updating the development slate.
Applicants must be familiar with or willing to learn:
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Premiere/Photoshop
- FileMaker Pro
- Google Docs and Apps
- Basic camera, lighting and sound equipment skills
Additionally, applicants should be willing to pick up entry-level skills from on-the-job training in:
- Social Media
- New and evolving software programs
Motivated self-starters only. Persons who need micromanaging need not apply.
Please email resume to: jobs AT jokeproductions DOT com